Whether you are making a reservation or already have an appointment scheduled, get prepared for your visit to Rockwall Dermatology and maximize your time with the provider. Complete these recommendations prior to your appointment.
How to make an appointment
Contact our office at 469-377-1700 to schedule an appointment or fill out the form here to request an appointment and we'll call you to schedule it.
Want something to print? Download our information sheet here. It has a map and our contact info.
What to bring to an appointment
- Photo ID
- Date of Birth
- ID Number or Social Security Number
- Up-to-date Medication List (including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements)
- Insurance Policy Information (if applicable)
- Health Savings Account Information (if applicable)
- Method of Payment
How to physically prepare
A thorough skin exam requires the provider to look at your nails and your skin. To facilitate a proper exam do these few things prior to your appointment:
- Remove your makeup
- Remove your fingernail and toenail polish
- Remove all jewelry, watches, rings, necklaces, etc.
How to mentally prepare
The provider may ask you some of the following questions. Think about your answers to the following questions or even write them down.
- When did you first notice the growth/lesion? Has it grown significantly?
- Have you been previously diagnosed with skin cancer?
- Have any family members been diagnosed with skin cancer?
- Did you spend a lot of time at the beach/pool when you were a child?
- How much sun exposure do you get on a regular basis?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with any type of cancer?
- Have you received radiation therapy for any medical condition?
- Are you now, or have you, taken medications which can suppress your immune system?
- Do you smoke?
- Have you had exposure to pesticides/herbicides in your work?
- What precautions do you take when you go out in the sun?
- How often do you do a self-skin exam?
- What types of skin products do you use on a regular basis?
- What is your occupation?
How we handle inclement weather
In the event of inclement weather, our office will follow the Rockwall Independent School District closure schedule for morning hours. A website update will provide more information for appointments scheduled in the afternoon.
Clients affected by closures or delays will be contacted as soon as possible to reschedule appointments.